BLACK I PEE
What is this black patch I see
Could this really have come from me?
Each morn I wake only to fear
It's black I pee again, oh dear
It might be cancer, it could be stroke
It might be hypochondria of a mid-aged bloke
What is unmistakable and true
I ache when I pee, till I turn blue
My doctor says I'm in the pink
My teenage girl says I'm at the brink
My dear 'ol wife is mad as hell
At cleaning up my show and tell
Until I figure out just what's wrong
I'll have to stay all sane and strong
The next time when I take a leak
The color of which I'll try not to peek
July 2005
@MBK Bangkok
(You have to be deranged to shop here)

7 Comments:
uhm is black pee metaphorical? i'm assuming it is right??? wah this poem a bit cheem. i keep thinking, is he really peeing black stuff?? eeks.
hee hee...
oh dearie...
actually it is neither metaphorical nor reflective of my physiological state lah!
you know, most of us will get to a stage in life when we begin to take notice of everything physiological that we've taken for granted forever..aches at the wrong places, funny colored moles, hair loss in the right places, hair gain in the wrong places, etc..
given how many get seriously sick these days at ever younger ages, this piece is a lighted hearted observation of how some of us senior "youth" sometimes alternate between being worried sick and our silly but infrequent hypochondriac tendencies.
so, false alarm, hold off visitation to SGH, I, rojakman, ain't peeing no black stuff!
i was bored stiff waiting for wifee to be done with her shopping at MBK, and desperately looking for the loo... lo and behold, inspiration strikes..
finally, i am also making fun of the music of black eyed pea and other bands of punk rock genre today..these guys are leaking toxic black stuff into our kiddo's minds and ears!!
oh hahaha, oops, my simplistic mind couldn't think so deep into it. i knew it was a play on Black Eyed Peas, but couldn't figure out how? eh...but i like some of Black Eyed Peas songs :)
erm...dunno about the bit on funding terrorists, but..hear, hear!! we need to push back the boundaries of unacceptablility anyway we can.
oi this THE WATCHER...ivan is it?
Hahaha...
Very nice poem. I knew that you were poking fun at that band. They're songs are alright, just that I'm not a fan. Hmm...
Be choosy, and don't be afraid to stand apart from the rest!!
Post a Comment
<< Home