Saturday, April 30, 2005

Whale of a Time

Jonah was in sort of divine disarray
Had a whale of a time, you might say...


When God rang his line, he dashed at first chime
All in double quick time

God took him fishing, and made him the bait
Jonah, the whale gladly ate

Deep in its belly, all smelly and grimy
Ol Jonah thought as he sat
"I was being silly, and I was a brat,
Now why did I do all that?"

God heard his cry, and out the whale spat
Ol Jonah the former spoilt brat

God brought him fishing, but this time He made
Jonah the fisher, not bait

He cast his net wide, for sinners and lost
To repent or consider the cost

Because Jonah heeded, the trouble receded
Now Nineveh's joy is exceeded

Herein the lesson, be quick to the chime
Don't have a whale of a time

April 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home