Friday, February 11, 2005

LAKE OF TEARS

I hoist my sails in the lake of tears
Set sail from west to east
To leave behind the shore of pain
To where I might find peace

I know not where, or what and how
But soon it will be the night
Whichever way my sails must bow
I steer with all my might

Alone along the shore she stands
She comes to bid me bye
The years of bitter tenderness
The memory makes me cry

The air so still the clouds so grey
My sails could not a-flutter
My troubled soul torments my mind
My head is in a clutter

The darkening sky turn night from day
A deathly silence screams
I try but cannot find my way
The other shore to glimpse

Should it be I sail alone in this deathly lake of tears?
Could there be a dearth of souls as tormented by their fears?


I've made my choice, it is to be
It's now all clear to me
I fought to break from pain's embrace
So now it is just me

As sure as night, the day might break
I'll sight that shore of peace
If only there's a kindred soul
Somewhere beyond the east

Feb 2005

2 Comments:

Blogger A D L I N . said...

You write very well. That was a very nice poem!

March 12, 2005 2:58 PM  
Blogger amyliaz said...

You really have a flair for poems! Ah! My inspiration! :D Keep it up!

Such a touching poem.

March 19, 2005 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home