FOOL OF PASSION
(A poetic lowlife)
I am a fool of passion
Impulse is my friend
I am loyal to possessions
Pursuit has no end
I'm short on my deepest longing
I'm never content
At the cost of pain prolonging
I never relent
I am a fool of desire
I am ever in need
If you help me through my mire
I'll help to feed your greed
I accept that greed is good
The end defines the means
I'll gladly share one half my loot
Just please don't spill the beans
I am a fool of envy
I want the things you have
What gives me greatest pleasure
'to see you have none left
I am a fool of self
I'm not afraid to say
My being and I is all I delve
None else I do does pay
July 2004

1 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home